1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Problem Signing up?

Please use the contact us link at the bottom of the site listing the problem with your email & ip addresses & the problem will be looked into by our admin team
  3. Temporary emails are not supported for signing up accounts on 3DS Chaos, this includes 10 minute emails. All will be detected by our system & the accounts will be deleted
  4. Shared accounts, multiple accounts & inappropriate usernames not allowed on our site

Please use a legit email account from a reliable email provider, temporary email accounts are not allowed & will be rejected by our system

3DS eshop cia install problems

alexZander2008 Jul 26, 2016

1. alexZander2008

alexZander2008 New Member

So i have a new 3DS running lumaCFW. i have no problem installing and running 3ds cia files. i have a few on my 3ds that i play right now. the problem im having is that when i install a eshop cia they dont seem to run at all. i have tried a few of them and they dont work at all. like i said i have a new 3ds with luma3ds and a 32 gig sd card formated all right. just hoping for some help thanks

2. Angely

Angely New Member

What firmware is your new 3ds/emunand/both, do you have A9HL or are you using emunand & if so is your emunand linked? & with not working at all do you mean a black screen with nintendo logo or just nothing at all? The reason I'm asking is that sometimes some games won't work if the firmware is too low, but they will after an update.

3. alexZander2008

my
    my 3ds is firmware 9.2. i believe everything is linked. all i get is the screen with the 3ds logo with the black background. i think you are right about the firmware, but how do you update?

4. Angely

Angely New Member

Yes that's indeed what happens you're below the required firmware to play the game.

I saw you didn't clearly answer some important questions. Like whether you have A9LH? If you don't have, then please don't think about updating your 3ds unless you have emunand/hardmod. In case you have emunand, you can update emunand by going in system setting's -> Other settings & choose systemupdate (when you're on emunand don't leave the settings menu before it's completed, or else it'll reboot to sysnand/emunand depending on your settings).

Before you update any of your NANDS enable the "show current NAND" option in Luma 3DS first if you haven't & also turn off the "autoboot to sysnand" option if you have that enabled so you can see if you're on emunand/sysnand & so it'll autoboot emunand. Please keep in mind to never update your sysnand if you don't have A9LH, not sure what that is or have a hardmod.

Also if you have menuhax installed on sysnand. Uninstall it by changing the theme & reinstall it after you've upgraded your emunand. It's to prevent you getting a black screen in emunand after the update, since your NANDS are linked.

P.s In emunand you'll see Emu- current fw version in sysnand it Sys instead of Emu (with the show NAND setting on). If you for ecample see Sys when you've turned off autoboot to sysnand it means that you don't have an emunand in that case don't upgrade! Don't forget to make backups of your SD card & NANDs if you don't have any recent backups. Sorry for many repeats, I just don't want you to accidentally update your sysnand without you being sure of what your doing, since downgrading the latest firmware is very troublesome without A9LH/hardmod (you'll need another A9LH 3ds with legally bought dsiware!)

5. alexZander2008

thank you for the help. i have a lot more research to do haha. this is very helpful though i really appreciate the response. im still new to the 3ds hacking scene. the psp was so much easier but i do like the challange of this haha