1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Problem Signing up?

Please use the contact us link at the bottom of the site listing the problem with your email & ip addresses & the problem will be looked into by our admin team
  3. Temporary emails are not supported for signing up accounts on 3DS Chaos, this includes 10 minute emails. All will be detected by our system & the accounts will be deleted
  4. Shared accounts, multiple accounts & inappropriate usernames not allowed on our site

Please use a legit email account from a reliable email provider, temporary email accounts are not allowed & will be rejected by our system

A few questions

addyb Jan 23, 2016

1. addyb

addyb Member

Hi all. As I said in the welcome thread I'm a bit out of the game so bare with me.

I'm awaiting my gateway card and whilst I wait I thought I'd try and get upto speed with it all as a fair bit has changed since the DS flashcart days.

In terms of the gateway card do I have to run the web link method to access my roms each time I want to play one or is there a way to bypass this.

Can I still access the eshop?
    Can I still play online?

I assume the blue card is for DS Roms?

The cia roms. I know these go on the main 3ds sd card or is there an extra step I'm forgetting.

As above if with some minor tweaks you can put games on the sd card this way what's the point of having a flash card? Or am I missing something.

Any particular programs I need to transfer games onto the relevant sd cards or is it standard drag and drop in windows explorer?

I'm sure I have more questions but the above is all that springs to mind for now.

Thanks in advance guys and gals :)

2. Cha0s Em3rald

Cha0s Em3rald Chaos Immortal Staff Member Administrator

[MENTION=6811]addyb[/MENTION]

1. If you can't use the other method to launch into Gateway mode then you can use the browser exploit to launch Gateway
    2. As long as your emuNAND is on the latest firmware & Gateway's latest firmware supports the latest firmware version then yes you can access the eshop.
    3. You can play .3ds roms online but they must be online patched first & if you want to do that always use a private header, public headers will more than likely get your console banned.
    You can play CIA's without headers injected.
    4. The blue card is for NDS roms
    5. You load CIA's onto the big card into your console then you need to install them. To do that load devmenu.3ds or bigbluemenu.3ds onto the card in the Gateway & launch it in gateway mode to install the cia's. Once installed the .cia file can be deleted from the big sd.
    6. There are plenty of CFW's available now so a flashcard isn't really required anymore unless your console is not on firmware 9.2 or below but then you won't be able to use Gateway either unless you downgrade your console. You can't play .3ds roms on cfw, you will need all games in .cia format on your big card so a bigger sd card is recommended.
    7. Just drag & drop ;)

Hope that helps

3. addyb

addyb Member

Great help thanks mate.

I should of said my XL is on fw 4.4.
    I'll have to look into all this header business. Tbh I don't really play online a great deal but some Mario kart would be nice. Would I need to do the header fixes to access say online leader boards for games that have them?

Sorry almost forgot. What's the other gateway method?

4. addyb

addyb Member

I'm now wondering have I wasted money on a gateway card when I could just buy a bigger SD card instead and do the other hacking route lol.

5. Cha0s Em3rald

if there aren't many games you want to play online then you might as well install those as CIA's if you have enough room on your SD card.
    injecting headers into ROM's is easy enough done though, you need a original 3ds game cartridge that you have to dump using gateway then extract the header from it & then inject it into the .3ds roms that you want to play online. MattKimura shared a guide on the site showing how it is done here - http://3dschaos.com/3ds-tutorials/235-howto-inject-headers-scene-roms-play-online.html

The other method to launch Gateway is perfect for you due to the firmware your console is on, you install a file on your console using the blue card then all you have to do to launch Gateway is go to "Settings", "Other Settings", "Profile" then hold L & Select "DS Profile" & gateway will launch. good for if you don't have an internet connection where you are playing with your 3DS or if you don't want to use the internet method

if I'm honest in my opinion you may have done, other people may have their own opinions but that's mine. I have had a Gateway card since it was first released & i haven't used it for ages, I only use it for testing stuff. The new cheat feature is quite good but there isn't much you can do with a Gateway that can't be done using CFW's

6. addyb

addyb Member

Thanks again for the info. I do recall reading about that other method now. You jogged my memory.

I definitely now think I shouldn't of ordered a GW card since you can do it via the normal sd card route so I've actually cancelled my order before it ships.

Now I need to read up on what I need to do for the sd card method instead lol.

Any pointers for this mate or to any decent guides for it?

7. addyb

addyb Member

This may sound stupid but thought I'd double check. You can use micro sd card with adaptors in the 3ds xl can't you?

8. Cha0s Em3rald

You can, a lot of people do, I have seen some people posting that they have had trouble with it though but it'll be on a card by card basis, some cheaper branded SD cards don't work well sometimes either, as long as you have a good quality card you should be fine

9. Cha0s Em3rald

Sorry, missed this first post, check out this rxTools set up guide - http://3dschaos.com/3ds-tutorials/3...stom-firmware-3ds-2ds-updated-4-1-2016-a.html

10. addyb

addyb Member

Thanks again for all the info. I've been back and forth all night and I've decided to buy a supercard DSTwo plus as i had one of these in the DS days so I'm more familiar with it.

I still need to look at how I would install cia games to the main SD card but I'll just wait until I'm all setup and happy with my supercard. It's not essential that I go the cia route.

11. addyb

addyb Member

Problems with rxtools setup guide.

12. addyb

addyb Member

I get to the fbi part in the guide and then I'm stuck.

I can't see or activate any advanced options in rxtools.

Rxmode crashes to home screen

Not sure if I have the right fbi files

I also tried the install fbi over health and safety information and that says failure.

All the Nand backup and emunand format was fine beforehand and both are green in the bottom of the rxtools screen.

13. DayVeeBoi

DayVeeBoi Member Staff Member News Team

Hey, I just wanna give you a bit of a heads-up on the SuperCard DStwo+, I have one and I like it, I dont regret it at all but the support for new 3ds firmwares is lacking and its not looking like thats gonna change anytime soon. I use mine in DS mode all the time to play MultiPlayer with my niece. But for playing 3ds I havent touched it in months since all the RxTools and custom firmware exploded. My advice if you are trying to pirate 3ds games is stick with CFW, its free. And if you HAVE to have a flashcart, maybe checkout the new Sky3DS they seem to be n the ball with updates and its pretty much plug and play. Just my 2 cents.

14. addyb

addyb Member

Thanks for the info mate. I'm not too fussed going forward as I'm sure I'll have sorted that rxtools out by then. For now the supercard will be used to hammer through some older games I've missed. Like I said in my previous post in regards to rxtools I get as far as the FBI part and then I'm stuck. I'll have another look at it over the weekend.

I think my supercard is arriving today :)

15. addyb

addyb Member

Well i've made a grave error and accidentally updated my 3ds to 10.5 so I'm now screwed. Supercard doesn't work on the new version and from what I read neither does rxtools so I live in hope that either is supported in the future or I can indeed downgrade in the future.

So pissed off right now. I had several things on the go and wasn't watching properly when I updated it :(

Oh well i'll have to chalk it up as a bad error and move on. Thanks for all the help that's been posted. Much appreciated.

16. addyb

addyb Member

I have my sky 3ds card all setup and working fine so far. I heard I will need a private header to inject into my roms for online play but due to my firmware etc it's impossible for me to create one.

Has anyone got one or can point me in the right direction where I could download one?

17. Mr.Horath

Mr.Horath Member

Are all the cias on this site patched to play online?