1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Problem Signing up?

Please use the contact us link at the bottom of the site listing the problem with your email & ip addresses & the problem will be looked into by our admin team
  3. Temporary emails are not supported for signing up accounts on 3DS Chaos, this includes 10 minute emails. All will be detected by our system & the accounts will be deleted
  4. Shared accounts, multiple accounts & inappropriate usernames not allowed on our site

Please use a legit email account from a reliable email provider, temporary email accounts are not allowed & will be rejected by our system

Black Screen after Emunand Update

JackTramiel Dec 31, 2015

1. JackTramiel

JackTramiel Member

Hi. I really hope this is not a dumb ass question but i can not find a solution for my problem.

We have 2 O3DS, both with firmware 6.x.

rxtools is running fine on both consoles. I made a online update once running in emunand and it worked fine.
    However, i had to reinstall everything and after that nintendo raised the fw version to 10.x.

The problem i have is that everytime i install the 9.2 update manually my emunand wont boot anymore - i will get a black screen.

( Tried with FBI, BBM or sysupdater. Update "Packs" grabbed from here. 9.2 or 10.1 )

After many times of restoring sd card, trying to update, restoring sd card and so on i am out of ideas. Totally.

Any hint will be highly appreciated.

EDIT: It seems i can start emunand from rxtools menu. Never tried that before.
    I am using mset ( user settings ) to start emunand.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  2. JackTramiel

JackTramiel Member

Yep, i followed this tutorial: [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (3DS and 2DS) | GBAtemp.net -> The Independent Video Game Community: 3DS, Gateway 3DS, NDS and R4, Wii, PSP, PS4, Xbox One and all the gaming universe

I thought i need to update the fw to play some games. But since my sons 3ds has a lower 6.x fw then my doughter, but Zelda Link Between Worlds doesnt work for her. Just shows the Nintendo Splash and stalls there.

I took a new sd card and did a totally fresh install, same issue. The game doesnt start. I cant boot into emunand, just by keep pressing L until i am in rxtools menu and choose to boot emunand.

Out of ideas. Thank you anyway for the good intention. Will continue browsing the web for a solution.

3. Cha0s Em3rald

Cha0s Em3rald Chaos Immortal Staff Member Administrator

You could try updating your sysNAND to 9.2 first then setting up a new emuNAND then updating the emuNAND after that. We have a guide for doing that in our tutorials section

4. JackTramiel

JackTramiel Member

Thank you for pushing me to the limit. Was a bit afraid of bricking the 3ds but... works like a charm.
    Emunands boots and one of the problematic games starts. Yeaha!

5. Cha0s Em3rald

glad it helped.

6. JackTramiel

JackTramiel Member

Unfortunatly Zelda still hangs. Now i am stuck. At least i am on 9.2. My doughter will love the pink theme.

7. Cha0s Em3rald

now you have your sysNAND on 9.2 set up an emuNAND & update that to 10.3 & all games should work

8. JackTramiel

JackTramiel Member

Thank you again. Emunand on 10.3 and all games i tried work except Zelda Link Between Worlds. Tried different downloads, none is working.
    Curios that the download works on my sons 3ds. Seems i need my own one to "work" on. :D

9. Rohul1997

Rohul1997 Chaos Enthusiast Staff Member Moderator

I had the same problem with that game so I created a new CIA and it worked. Here give it a go - https://mega.nz/#!Z4USgJCI!FzjEFPU2AsyO1n7uwwGYZb5G2s9ravfusHRJzXC2mZs

10. JackTramiel

JackTramiel Member

You guys are awesome. The game works. Thank you a lot.