1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Problem Signing up?

Please use the contact us link at the bottom of the site listing the problem with your email & ip addresses & the problem will be looked into by our admin team
  3. Temporary emails are not supported for signing up accounts on 3DS Chaos, this includes 10 minute emails. All will be detected by our system & the accounts will be deleted
  4. Shared accounts, multiple accounts & inappropriate usernames not allowed on our site

Please use a legit email account from a reliable email provider, temporary email accounts are not allowed & will be rejected by our system
Dismiss Notice
DMCA Notice

No files are stored on our servers, all links are on external sites. If you have an issue with one of the posts/threads on our site or to make a DMCA report please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the site

Can't link NNID after formatting

Brick Mar 22, 2016

1. Brick

Brick Active Member Staff Member Uploader

So... I formatted my emuNand (w/ NNID linked) with Tiny Format.

And now I'm trying to use that same ID on another emuNand (to dump some eShop stuff) but it thinks the NNID is still linked to a console that technically doesn't exist.

Is there a way to fix this? :(

2. NeoGamer

NeoGamer Chaos Legend VIP

Tiny format dosent remove NNID thats what its designed for.

3. Brick

No, but now I want to use that NNID again and I can't, because Nintendo thinks it's still linked to a console that technically doesn't exist.

4. NeoGamer

If you want to properly remove it a system format on the system is required. Do you have the system? Back it up if stuffs on there first then restore after

5. NeoGamer

Or can you go into settings on the system that its on and at the top in the settings menu is the nintendo network id panel go in there and see if you can unlink

6. Brick

I lost the backup I made before formatting :c
    So should I try logging in the same console (I was trying with a different one) and see if it works?

7. NeoGamer

Go into settings on it at the top is network id option try going there on the nand the nnid is on

8. Brick

No, the thing is that the console with the NNID technically doesn't exist. I'm trying to use that ID on other console to get the ticket.db and dump my eShop stuff.

9. NeoGamer

Youll have to ring nintendo then. They will unlink it for you if it dosent exist. Tell them youve sold it with it linked

10. Brick

I'll try to contact them via support e-mail, right now it's too late to ring them.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
iHax Comunity/