1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Problem Signing up?

Please use the contact us link at the bottom of the site listing the problem with your email & ip addresses & the problem will be looked into by our admin team
  3. Temporary emails are not supported for signing up accounts on 3DS Chaos, this includes 10 minute emails. All will be detected by our system & the accounts will be deleted
  4. Shared accounts, multiple accounts & inappropriate usernames not allowed on our site

Please use a legit email account from a reliable email provider, temporary email accounts are not allowed & will be rejected by our system

Convert .CIA to .3DS

morbid_theory Jan 31, 2016

1. morbid_theory

morbid_theory New Member

Hey there.

I recently bought a Sky3DS+ Flash cart but when looking at rom backups I mainly see .CIA files

is there a way to convert .cia to .3ds?

Ive seen that you can convert .3ds to .cia though but thats unusual for me as i want to run them on a flash cart.

Other than that can you not run .cia files directly on a Flashcart.

Preferably able to doing this on a mac

2. You need a 3ds to cia converter 1.4,they have a cia to 3ds function,if you look at the [email protected] support site from maxcons... (dunno if allowed..)

3. Cha0s Em3rald

Cha0s Em3rald Chaos Immortal Staff Member Administrator

Maxconsole links are allowed, it is in our exception list in the site rules.
    As for converting cia to 3ds it supposedly can be done from what you are saying but I wouldn't bother, different 3ds to cia converters remove & change things during the conversion so you may find the cia you converted to 3ds probably won't work on your sky3ds anyway.

[MENTION=6886]morbid_theory[/MENTION] we do have a 3ds section here with one thread by romcow that has nearly 1400 roms in it, I haven't had a chance to fill my uploadshub thread yet but all the latest ones are in there & any you can't find let me know & I will get them uploaded & added for you asap