1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Problem Signing up?

Please use the contact us link at the bottom of the site listing the problem with your email & ip addresses & the problem will be looked into by our admin team
  3. Temporary emails are not supported for signing up accounts on 3DS Chaos, this includes 10 minute emails. All will be detected by our system & the accounts will be deleted
  4. Shared accounts, multiple accounts & inappropriate usernames not allowed on our site

Please use a legit email account from a reliable email provider, temporary email accounts are not allowed & will be rejected by our system
Dismiss Notice
DMCA Notice

No files are stored on our servers, all links are on external sites. If you have an issue with one of the posts/threads on our site or to make a DMCA report please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the site

Help Downgrade gone wrong?

Glaedys Oct 29, 2016

1. Glaedys

Glaedys Member

Hello fellow forum dwellers!

Before anything, I would like to point out that this is not my first time downgrading; my o3ds has already been downgraded once and had Luma set up (I basically followed @MattKimura's guide before Arm9loaderhax was out) and everything worked fine.

I upgraded back to whatever newest firmware version it was back then and continued on with my life.
    However, and here is where I think I messed everything up, I downgraded back to 9.2 today and well, I can't boot in emunand anymore. Like before, when I turn on my o3ds it shows the different colored screens but then, where it should autoboot to luma (and then emunand) it boots to homebrew instead and doesn't let me go to the home menu anymore.

TL;DR Downgraded to 9.2, Luma is MIA, Homebrew autoboots instead and can't access Home Menu anymore.

Any help would really be appreciated (I want my games back please).
    Thanks and have a nice weekend!

Glaedys

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  2. NeoGamer

NeoGamer Chaos Legend VIP

Remove sd card and switch on 3ds and change theme, this will remove menuhax data. Seem its booting menuhax

3. Glaedys

Glaedys Member

Hi Neo,
    I tried that already but I still can't access the Home Menu (and therefore can't change themes). Homebrew autoboots and stays no matter what, even after pressing "rebooting to Home Menu" or the option with no reboot, it freezes.

4. NeoGamer

Change the boot.3dsx on your sd card. That should boot luma but i dont know why its not booting without sd card. Find it here Releases · AuroraWright/Luma3DS · GitHub Its in the menuhax folder from the luma release

5. Glaedys

Glaedys Member

Thanks for the link, I'll try this out right away. BRB with an update on the situation.

-UPDATE-
    @NeoGamer Ok, I'm sorry, I have a huge headache right now and only now fully understood your first reply. I removed the SD card but it says that it can't change themes without it. I've also tried changing the boot.3dsx file and 3/5 tries it gave me the "pikachu error screen" (freezes at yellow screen) and the other 2 tries froze at the red screen + error message: "An error occurred while loading the next payload. Press key to continue" (if I press any key, it goes back to red and this message).

6. NeoGamer

What have you installed? Have you done a9lh?

7. NeoGamer

pop the sd card back in after booting then change theme with sd card in

8. Glaedys

Glaedys Member

Only what Matt had written on his guide, so Luma and FBI, and a bunch of games but that's it. No, still no a9lh on my 3ds (was going to after I was done with what I wanted to do but this happened).

Ok, done it. Seems like I can access home menu again (system settings show 9.2.0E so I guess I'm on emunand again?) but still no Luma and it looks like the 3ds has been formatted (my games are gone lol).

9. NeoGamer

Your on system nand. The e doesn't mean emunand. That means Europe region. Follow the guide to get menuhax up and running to boot an emunand. Do you have emunand still there on your sd card from before.

Glaedys likes this.
  10. Glaedys

Glaedys Member

Just how noob can you get lol. Ok, @MattKimura here I go again.

-EDIT-
    I have an Emunand folder on my card yes. And I can't access Homebrew now, same error from before: "error occurred while loading the payload."

iHax Comunity/