1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Problem Signing up?

Please use the contact us link at the bottom of the site listing the problem with your email & ip addresses & the problem will be looked into by our admin team
  3. Temporary emails are not supported for signing up accounts on 3DS Chaos, this includes 10 minute emails. All will be detected by our system & the accounts will be deleted
  4. Shared accounts, multiple accounts & inappropriate usernames not allowed on our site

Please use a legit email account from a reliable email provider, temporary email accounts are not allowed & will be rejected by our system

Dumping a rom from a cartridge

nalisarc Apr 15, 2016

1. nalisarc

nalisarc Member

Howdy everyone! I've noticed that a few of the games I have in my collection aren't in any of the main sharing lists, I own them in cartridge form and have been wanting to turn them into 3ds roms so that I could upload them. My 3ds I have at my disposal is a N3ds running 9.2 on its sysNand and 10.7 as its emuNand. All of the tutorials I've found are for much older methods and only use either flashcards or gateway.
    Anyway I digress I'm not huge in the software development scene but if a method to clone these cards doesn't exist I might look into it from another angle.
    Cheers!

2. flippy

flippy Member

Best most reliable way is to use Gateway card's firmware. You don't need the Gateway flashcart for some features, like gamecard dumping.

Download this
    Downloads | Gateway
    Fish out the Launcher.dat file, put it on your SDMC, then launch it using the GW.3dsx homebrew also included (on 9.2). There will be an option 'Backup Cart', select that and wait. The file, XXXX.3ds, will be dumped to the 3ds's SDMC card. That's all there is to it.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  3. nalisarc

nalisarc Member

Thanks! I'll try that!