1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Problem Signing up?

Please use the contact us link at the bottom of the site listing the problem with your email & ip addresses & the problem will be looked into by our admin team
  3. Temporary emails are not supported for signing up accounts on 3DS Chaos, this includes 10 minute emails. All will be detected by our system & the accounts will be deleted
  4. Shared accounts, multiple accounts & inappropriate usernames not allowed on our site

Please use a legit email account from a reliable email provider, temporary email accounts are not allowed & will be rejected by our system

Mega.nz Fox's Custom GBA VC Games (8 Titles - 05172016)

ArecaidianFox May 18, 2016

1. ArecaidianFox

ArecaidianFox New Member

!- These are just a few things I have either collected and not really found much of elsewhere, or figured out how to do myself with a couple of useful tools, all converted into handy .CIA packages for use on 3DS. Primary credits go to Cracker, for the GBAATM utility, and dk03 for 3DS Simple GBA Converter. Also, read the F.A.Q.! -!
    So, now, without further ado...

Fox's Custom GBA VC Games

This is a collection of GBA 3DS VC games that either have interesting patches applied, or have had a small cheat engine and codes patched into the ROM itself, thus giving the user a way to have cheat codes in AGB_FIRM. All games have customized banners befitting their patches, which I have tried to keep fairly close to Nintendo's official ones. I'd originally made these for my own personal use, but decided to share them. Hopefully this collection grows a bit more. For the sake of not having to type out the same things more than once, operation instructions for these games are in the F.A.Q. section.
    Boktai: The Sun Is In Your Hands + Solar Sensor Hack
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here.**

Boktai 2: Solar Boy Django + Solar Sensor Hack
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here.**
    Boktai 3: Sabata's Counterattack + Solar Sensor Hack + English Translation
    Hidden Content:
    Golden Sun + Embedded Cheat Engine
    Hidden Content:
    Golden Sun: The Lost Age + Embedded Cheat Engine
    Hidden Content:
    Metroid Fustion + Developer Debug Menu Patch
    Hidden Content:
    Metroid Zero Mission + Toggle Powerups Menu Patch
    Hidden Content:
    Shining Soul II + Embedded Cheat Engine
    Hidden Content:
    !- To unhide the links, please press the Like text at the bottom right of this post. -!

!- Again, READ THE F.A.Q. SECTION -!

Q: How do I use the Embedded Cheat Engine?
    A: When you first boot a game, you will be taken to the ECE menu. The menu has scrolling text along the bottom that tells you how to activate cheats and start the game. To globally disable active cheats while in-game, press L+R+B. To globally enable your active cheats, press L+R+A. All active cheats are enabled by default when you start the game. Sorry, but there is no way to change which cheats are active while in-game.

Q: How do I use the Solar Sensor Hacks in Boktai 1, 2 and 3?
    A: First, a bit of honesty. At the time of typing this, I have yet to play the Boktai series. HOWEVER, FarNorthWolf, a friend of mine, is an avid fan and he played the same GBA ROMS these were made from to completion, so I know the hacks work. Holding L and moving the Dpad left or right fills and drains the Solar Gauge appropriately for Boktai 1 and 2. Hold R instead of L for Boktai 3.

Q: How to I get to Metroid Fusion's debug menu? How do I use it?
    A: Press Start in-game and press R to go to the Samus Status screen. That screen has been replaced with the debug menu. Describing the intricate workings of the debug menu is beyond the scope of this F.A.Q., so I suggest either messing around with it (while avoiding saving), or looking up a guide, if there is one (if anyone has a guide/knows of one, please provide it and I'll link it here with credit).

Q: How do I toggle powerups in Metroid Zero Mission?
    A: Press Start in-game and press R to go to the Samus Status screen. Any powerups you have collected and are usable can be toggled here.

Q: Can you add more codes to X game?
    A: I could, but it's more a question of if I want to. Adding more would mean that I'd have to readd every cheat already included, on top of what is requested. The general answer is no, since I have already tried to include cheats that provide the most utility or make the most sense.

Q: Can you patch X game with cheats/Add Y patch to Z game?
    A: I'm not doing requests right now. That being said, I always love a good game/ROM hack, and if it interests me and I can't easily find a .CIA version, I'll more than likely do it. Make suggestions if you want (with links, please) and I'll check them out at my leisure. Pokemon ROM hacks will probably be the exception to this, seeing as a lot of people are already doing those. Since I likely won't reply directly to suggestion posts, thanks in advance to users who make them.

Q: Shining Soul 2 takes me to a glitched out screen with awful sounds after I save!
    A: Not really a question, but yeah, that one freaked me out the first time, too. It's actually the ECE menu, so you can just press Start to get right back to the game without cheats. To resume with cheats, either remember how many button presses for what cheats, or close the game and restart it.

Q: What's with the last cheat for Golden Sun 2?
    A: That's actually not a cheat. It's a small set of instructions for the user. DO NOT TURN IT ON AND PLAY! The code I attached to it is a dummy. The same instructions apply to Golden Sun 1, I simply forgot to add the entry in. Yes, I know the instruction is short, but I only have so many spaces to type in. For future reference, any codes listed in these games that start with a "#" are dummy entries that I have left behind as messages or instructions, and are not meant to be used in-game.

Q: The game won't start, it just takes me to an error screen! You uploaded busted crap!
    A: Also not a question. Also, you busted it. I've tested every single game myself to ensure they boot. Double check your install process.

Q: Why don't some cheats work?
    A: I try to check all my cheats to make sure they work, but some of them slip through the cracks, or I don't have the time to play far enough in the game to test them all (looking at you, Golden Sun 2), or have time in general. Some cheats may also require some extra instructions, which I will try to provide between here and in the ECE menu. I will try to note which ones are confirmed not working, and upload replacements with either the bad cheats removed or replaced by working ones.
    !- Any cheats listed here that are marked with an asterisk (*) have not yet been removed from the ECE menu. -!

All Areas*

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  2. SakifX9

SakifX9 New Member

Hi can you do one for Fire Emblem Sacred Stones with a cheat engine, thanks :)

3. JediAviator

JediAviator Active Member

Boktai is not letting me start a save file