1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Problem Signing up?

Please use the contact us link at the bottom of the site listing the problem with your email & ip addresses & the problem will be looked into by our admin team
  3. Temporary emails are not supported for signing up accounts on 3DS Chaos, this includes 10 minute emails. All will be detected by our system & the accounts will be deleted
  4. Shared accounts, multiple accounts & inappropriate usernames not allowed on our site

Please use a legit email account from a reliable email provider, temporary email accounts are not allowed & will be rejected by our system

[HOW-TO] RxTools Autoboot on o3DS using HomeMenuHax

weeandykidd Oct 13, 2015

1. weeandykidd

weeandykidd New Member

This is THE #1 guide for getting a good boot rate with RxTools.

Feel free to skip steps you know you've completed, but for this I just did a backup and started from scratch. Messing with my previous setup just caused tons of random issues and my boot rate was pretty low.

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

First of all, I'm using Ninjhax (v1), I also have a Gateway and Pasta, but all you really need is access to the Homebew Loader.

I'm also using a 9.2 3DS.

I zipped up the RxTools Nightly and Boot.3dsx I'm using. Available here:
    RxToolsHomeMenuHax.7z

Pre reqs

Have access to the homebrew loader, have access to internet.

Backup your SD card

Have the zip I linked extracted to your SD card.

Setting up unlinked Emunand

If you have a Gateway card, remove it

Open the o3ds web browser, navigate to http://go.gateway-3ds.com/

You should see the gateway menu, scroll along until you see the Format Emunand option

Activate this option and wait for it to finish, once it's done, reboot without the SD card

Go to settings and format your system, it will need internet access but WONT update, so dont worry.

Installing HomeMenuHax + RxTools

Setup Wi-Fi on your 3DS (should be in freshly wiped SYSNAND, hax free)

Go back to the Home Screen and click the upper left settings icon, then choose a theme (even basic red)

Quickly load up your Homebrew Loader (via Ninjhax or whatever) and choose RxTools

Follow the onscreen steps to install RxTools

Reboot

Quickly load up your Homebrew Loader (via Ninjhax or whatever) and choose HomeMenuHax

Follow the onscreen steps to install the exploit

Reboot and hold L (skips HomeMenuHax), go into the 3DS Settings and delete the network settings (so SYSNAND wont update)

Power off the 3DS, remove the SD card and put it in your computer

Rename boot.3dsx to HBL.3dsx (or just delete it), rename bootrx.3dsx to boot.3dsx

Booting into Emunand

Put the Sd card back into the 3DS and turn it on, while the system tries to load the theme, it'll trigger the HomeMenuHax exploit, which loads boot.3dsx, which (in this case) calls RxTools, which then autoboots to Emunand.

The first thing you should do is go into Settings and verify that the system version number shows as 'RX-E', that means you've booted into Emunand!

The second thing you should do is change the Emunand theme+layout, so if you ever accidentally boot into sysnand, you'll know. I have a bunch of folders on my Sysnand, that spell out SYSNAND so I never accidentally update.

And lastly

Injecting CIA installer

reboot the 3DS, when all the HomeMenuHax text first pops up on the screen ('Hello'), immediately press and hold L

You should see the RxTools menu, navigate to Advanced, and FBI injection. If you attempt to install it to EMUNAND, it'll tell you some information, region and a number.

In my case the region was eur, and the number was 3077.

On the SD card, I went to E:\fbi_injection\eur\v3077 and moved the two files (fbi_inject.app, fbi_inject.tmd) to the root of the SD card (E:\ )

Reboot back intot he RxTools menu, and re-attempt to inject FBI, it should work this time, replacing the health and safety app.

End

Thats all the steps, seems like a lot but now whenever I turn on my 3DS i'm in a safe emunand environment, without having to load up and wait for gateway or cubic ninja.
    I also dumped my backup folder into my emunand SD and all my old games, saves etc appeared without a problem [​IMG]

[video=youtube;WzJ0HFT1Z1Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzJ0HFT1Z1Q[/video]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2015
  2. Cha0s Em3rald

Cha0s Em3rald Chaos Immortal Staff Member Administrator

Great guide, thanks for sharing it

Sticky added

3. asianflavor

asianflavor Member

I got this working a couple of days ago on my o3ds. Loving the autoboot to emunand and not having to worry about my kids messing things up.

4. Power5lave

Power5lave Member

Is there a way to do this on firmware 4.5?? I have the mset installed so it's not exactly difficult to launch rxtools, but I would love it to autoboot

5. Rohul1997

Rohul1997 Chaos Enthusiast Staff Member Moderator

I don't think there's no way to do it on that FW which is what I was also looking for. So I ended up installing my FW to 9.2 which worked perfectly after that.

6. ozzy4381

ozzy4381 Member

hi having problem with this cold boot to emunand it hangs on a red flickering screen.i have followed the above guide can anyone help.i have a 3dsxl on 9.2 sys and nand on 10.3.

7. Rohul1997

Did you put the boot.3dsx file on the root of your sd card or did you put the correct boot.3dsx.

8. ozzy4381

ozzy4381 Member

thanks for reply i got it working to cold boot .how do i get the homebrew launcher cia i installed on emunand to load it sticks on red screen when i select it.

9. Ahmetlol

Ahmetlol Member

i got this working, but i have one question How do i access Homebrew after that ? Using Browserhax or is there another way ?

10. Rohul1997

You can replace the rxtools boot.3dsx with the homebrew launcher boot.3dsx so it will auto boot into homebrew launcher. Or you can get CTRBOOTMANAGER which will allow you to specifically select what you would like to load up. You can use this to also load up homebrew.

11. Ahmetlol

Ahmetlol Member

Yeah I am unsing CTRbootmanager xD found it 10 mins after my post xD

12. SoulFier

SoulFier New Member

the boot.bin you provide makes hack2.5 and the homebrew launcher completely unusable for me. I get a 20% success rate with browserhack and when I launch any homebrew, my o3DS freezes.