1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Problem Signing up?

Please use the contact us link at the bottom of the site listing the problem with your email & ip addresses & the problem will be looked into by our admin team
  3. Temporary emails are not supported for signing up accounts on 3DS Chaos, this includes 10 minute emails. All will be detected by our system & the accounts will be deleted
  4. Shared accounts, multiple accounts & inappropriate usernames not allowed on our site

Please use a legit email account from a reliable email provider, temporary email accounts are not allowed & will be rejected by our system
Dismiss Notice
DMCA Notice

No files are stored on our servers, all links are on external sites. If you have an issue with one of the posts/threads on our site or to make a DMCA report please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the site

Mega.nz My Official Looking NES Injects

cheatfreak47 Aug 11, 2016

1. cheatfreak47

cheatfreak47 Well-Known Member Staff Member Virtual Console CIA Uploader

[​IMG]
    Howdy everyone, I'm going to be creating some Virtual Console Injects for NES games made to look official as physically possible to the untrained eye. All of my titles have had the display resolution changed so that games appear pixel perfect for the 3DS screen, and also have the Dark Filter removed to make games quite a bit more vibrant.

Additionally, some games have been patched with Rom Hacks that improve or fix issues with the original game, but retain their official presentation on the Home Menu. For such games an attribution link can be found in brackets next to the title, sourcing the changes made to something tangible.

I was given permission to add these off-site links by @Madridi on the discord until farther staff has the chance to look at it, although as far as I can tell, nothing I've linked to should break any rules really. After all, gotta give credit where credit is due. Mods feel free to contact me in PM if there's anything you'd like me to change.

Anyhow, In light of such improvements, I've decided that I will be including games that have previously been officially released. These copies do not conflict with the official releases, nor should any of my titles. If you find one that seems to replace another game on your system, please let me know and I will go out of my way to correct the issue.

[​IMG]

Now to kick off yet another thread, 19 returning titles with improvements, and 10 new titles:
    Currently 5 titles are unavailable due to an issue with the injector i'm using. They will be reuploaded as soon as the issue is fixed or remedied. It IS being worked in.
    * = Has not previously seen an official VC release on the 3DS in any form.
    strikethrough = currently unavailable for download, due to an issue with hosting or an issue with the game itself

Download Here
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here.**

I do take requests as long as the game you're requesting is not on the blacklist, but if you have a case to make for why I should do a proper inject for one of the blacklisted items, feel free to ask anyway.

Official Titles are permitted this time, as there are improvements that I can make to them. At the moment, the blacklist carries little weight, as it stands these titles are only in this list because there are much better alternatives available, negating the need for an inject.
    • Battletoads [BugFix by Fi] removed because it didn't work, apparently.
    • ExciteBike*
    • Kid Icarus*
    • Kirby's Adventure*
    • Mega Man**
    • Mega Man 2**
    • Mega Man 3**
    • Mega Man 4**
    • Mega Man 5**
    • Mega Man 6**
    • Twinbee*
    • Urban Champion*
    • Xevious*
    * = Avaliable as a 3D Classics Title
    ** = Avaliable in Mega Man Legacy Collection

Looking for the like button?
    It's down here [​IMG] (somewhere)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
    ISR, Tails4eva, Gengar and 147 others like this.
  2. MeerkatMario

MeerkatMario Member

Nice! Can I suggest the original Earthbound Zero (not the 25th Faithful Edition) as it isn't available for download here right now?

cheatfreak47 likes this.
  3. cheatfreak47

Sure thing, but I'm not entirely sure what you're asking for. Earthbound Beginnings 25th Faithful Edition isn't the actual virtual console game if that's what you're thinking. It's actually about 20x better than that. ^_^

Basically what this is, without going to deep, a combination of 3 romhacks that were made to improve the game.

The first rom hack is Mother 25th Anniversary Edition a romhack made to redo a lot of graphics and restore the original Mother branding to the game, and use the translation by Tomato instead of the original one.

The second rom hack was of the previous one, called Mother 25th Faithful Edition that makes the Title Screen more faithful to original, and make some changes to Tomato's translation so it ties in better with future installments in the Earthbound Series.

The third rom hack hacks the previous one to use the new official name for EarthBound, called EarthBound Beginnings on the title screen instead of Mother.

So basically it's a rom hack that makes the best possible version of Earthbound possible.

Anyhow if you just want Earthbound Zero do you mean just the Demiforce patch by Q or all the patches by Q?

4. cheatfreak47

Uploaded a new patch for Simon's Quest, previously it has support for SRAM saving, but it was bugged so I removed it and replaced it with the original password function.

This was also built with the latest NES Injector by Asdolo, so the game should be region free. In the future all of them will be re-uploaded to be region free.

5. yosho

yosho Member

Excellent work, much appreciated!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    cheatfreak47 likes this.
  6. cheatfreak47

Games were re-uploaded for Region Free support.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  7. cheatfreak47

Castlevania 3 as apparently bugged, so I removed it temporarily until I can find a solution.

MeerkatMario likes this.
  8. yosho

yosho Member

Super Mario 2 and 3 seem to have an issue for me.

Castlevania, Castlevania II, Metroid, Zelda and Zelda II work fine though.

Testing Contra games atm.

I'm on a PAL n3ds so maybe that's got something to do with it since these seem to be US injects.

Maybe it's because I had an earlier pack before the region support, I'll double check.

cheatfreak47 likes this.
  9. cheatfreak47

Turns out you were right, and Zelda II actually had an issue as well.
    I've reported the issue to the author of the injector I use, to see if it can be remedied.

The Injects are not US, they're region free, I think. That's definitely not the issue.

Future uploads to this thread will see the same vigourous testing the GBA games did for this exact reason. I'm currently waiting on the fix for the NES before I continue with my series of Injections.

10. yosho

yosho Member

Could I please request Ice climbers, Balloon Fight and Wrecking Crew?

If possible with the wifi 2p intact :)

11. Panthera

Panthera Member

Please, if possible could you make these?

- Rad Racer
    - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II
    - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III
    - Road Fighter

Thanks in advance! :)

12. bradrampage

bradrampage New Member

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  13. AquaDongJr

AquaDongJr Member

iHax Comunity/