1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Problem Signing up?

Please use the contact us link at the bottom of the site listing the problem with your email & ip addresses & the problem will be looked into by our admin team
  3. Temporary emails are not supported for signing up accounts on 3DS Chaos, this includes 10 minute emails. All will be detected by our system & the accounts will be deleted
  4. Shared accounts, multiple accounts & inappropriate usernames not allowed on our site

Please use a legit email account from a reliable email provider, temporary email accounts are not allowed & will be rejected by our system

Question about installing CIA files.

y2kbug77 Jan 13, 2016

Tags:
  1. y2kbug77

y2kbug77 New Member

Hello everyone, I'm new to the 3DS scene. I just got my Gateway in the mail today and my 3DS will be arriving tomorrow. So far everything seems easy enough, my main questions have to do with CIA files. Do I put the files on the microSD card inside the redGW cart, or do I put them on the main SD card that goes into the 3DS? And then which of those two locations do they get installed in?
    I have two microSDs with adapters. One 32GB and one 64GB, I want to use the larger one for whichever location will hold the installed CIA games.

And a bonus question. On Gateways website they said one of the recent updates included a way to boot into GW mode without using the web exploit. I couldn't quite figure out what they were talking about though. So if someone wouldn't mind explaining that to me, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks in Advanced!

2. Cha0s Em3rald

Cha0s Em3rald Chaos Immortal Staff Member Administrator

[MENTION=4934]y2kbug77[/MENTION]
    CIA files go onto the card that goes inside your console. You then install them onto the card then the original cia file can be deleted.

On the SD card that goes into the Gateway you can load roms in .3ds format & play them from the Gateway multi rom menu