1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Problem Signing up?

Please use the contact us link at the bottom of the site listing the problem with your email & ip addresses & the problem will be looked into by our admin team
  3. Temporary emails are not supported for signing up accounts on 3DS Chaos, this includes 10 minute emails. All will be detected by our system & the accounts will be deleted
  4. Shared accounts, multiple accounts & inappropriate usernames not allowed on our site

Please use a legit email account from a reliable email provider, temporary email accounts are not allowed & will be rejected by our system

[RetroArch] Nightly builds

Cha0s Em3rald Oct 19, 2015

1. Cha0s Em3rald

Cha0s Em3rald Chaos Immortal Staff Member Administrator

[RetroArch] Nightly builds

You can find them on their build server here: LINK

September 23th, 2015 update: FCEUMM (NES), nxengine, NEStopia, 2048, Gambatte (Gameboy), gpSP (GBA), mednafen (VB, NGP, WSWAN), SNES9x (SNES), PC Engine, catsfc (SNES), picodrive (Genesis), CatSFC Plus (SNES), CPS1, CPS2, mGBA, PCSX Rearmed (PS1), quickNES, Neo Geo, and Genesis Plus GX emulators are now included. Cheat engine should work now. I didn't test it though. The vsync and aspect ratio issues have been fixed.

NEW! Here's a video of the GBA emulator gpSP running on Ironhax/System firmware 10.1!

[video=youtube;Q2PftKci9zg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2PftKci9zg[/video]

3DSX is confirmed working on Ninjhax 2.X (Includes Ironhax, Browserhax, HomeMenuhax and OoThax) on the latest firmwares.
    CIA is confirmed working on firmware 9.2 and below.
    ​​
    Current Speed:

• o3DS (no Kernel Hack) - Most emulators are slow.
    • o3DS (with Kernel Hack) - Most emulators run decent or full speed.
    • n3DS (no Kernel Hack) - Most emulators run decent or full speed.
    • n3DS (with Kernel Hack) - Almost all emulators are full speed.
    FAQ:

• 1Q. What's the difference between CatSFC and CatSFC Plus?
    • 1A. Plus has better sound, but lower performance as a result.
    • 2Q. Is <insert core name here> as good as it will ever be?
    • 2A. RetroArch on the 3DS is still a young project, so probably not, no. Just keep an eye on progress.
    • 3Q. What cores have dynamic recompilers (on 9.2 or below)?
    • 3A. PCSX-ReARMed, picodrive (for 32x and svp only), and gpSP.
    • 4Q. What is RetroArch?
    • 4A. RetroArch is a multi-system platform that uses emulator "cores".
    • 5Q. Does RetroArch have audio?
    • 5A. Yes, every core has audio.
    • 6Q. I prefer to have all of my games display in their native resolution (1:1 resolution/graphics). How can I do this?
    • 6A. Go to Configuration -> Video -> Integer Scale and turn it on, and then go up to Aspect Ratio Index and change it to the setting that has "(1:1 PAR)" in it. This will give you the correct screen size, and the correct aspect ratio.
    • 7Q. <blah blah blah> isn't working!
    • 7A. Delete the two .cfg files in your RetroArch directory and try again. If the problem persists, please report it here.
    • 8Q. I got an error about not having enough frames?
    • 8A. That's not why it's not working and if you report that I will tear your skull right off your body.

Original Source thread on GBA Temp - http://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-nightly-builds-here.396843/

A lot of the emulators don't have .smdh's but JJTapia19 has kindly made some for everyone to use.
    Links by each image are hosted on GBA Temp or you can download them all from the link below
    http://vidce.tv/9a5q2jy3ixa4/smdh_pack.7z

[​IMG]
    ​​
    Update: .smdh for Fceumm and NxEngine now included. Get them here

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    ​​
    Update: .smdh for Genesis GX Plus now included. Get them here

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Update: .smdh for Gpsp now included. Get it here
    ​​
    [​IMG]

Update:.smdh for Mednafen Virtual Boy, Mednafen Neo Geo Pocket (Color) and Mednafen WonderSwan. Get them here
    ​​
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]​​

Update:​
    .smdh for Snes9x. Get it here

[​IMG]​​

Update: .smdh for Catsfc. Get it here
    ​​
    [​IMG]
    ​​
    Update: .smdh for Neo Geo. Get it here

[​IMG]
    ​​
    Update: .smdh for PCE/TurboGrafx 16. Get it here

[​IMG]

They are properly named so just drag and drop where the .3dsx file is.

Max Pelle and rsl like this.