1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Problem Signing up?

Please use the contact us link at the bottom of the site listing the problem with your email & ip addresses & the problem will be looked into by our admin team
  3. Temporary emails are not supported for signing up accounts on 3DS Chaos, this includes 10 minute emails. All will be detected by our system & the accounts will be deleted
  4. Shared accounts, multiple accounts & inappropriate usernames not allowed on our site

Please use a legit email account from a reliable email provider, temporary email accounts are not allowed & will be rejected by our system

Rom wants to force update my new3ds PLS HELP!

anagameu Sep 4, 2016

1. anagameu

anagameu Member

i have a new3ds version 9.0.0-20E (got it from uk) and i have a sky3ds+, I just downloaded metroid federation.3ds eur and a hyrule warriors.3ds eur rom, however when i put it on my sky3ds+ to play, it wont let me play, instead a message pops up saying that i need to update the system firmware. The same message apperars with the newer 3ds roms, it wants to force update my new3ds before i can play the game.

When i put metroid federation.3ds rom and pressed open the message says "A system update is required to use this software Update to ver 10.7.0-20E?" I just pressed cancel!, and again same with the hyrule warrior and some other newer 3ds roms, the same message appears...however older roms play without problem.

Is there a way to bypass the update message and still play the newer roms on my new3ds 9.0.0-20E version?? as i want to keep my new3ds to the lowest firmware... or will i have to update?? to play these newer roms?? Will the latest update block my sky3ds+ ??? Is it ok to update? (but i still wish there is a way to play the newer roms on my sky3ds+ without updating my new3ds firmware) SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME, I KNOW SOMEONE HERE CAN HELP!! AND THANKYOU.

2. naonemeu

naonemeu Member

first,CALM DOWN and DON'T UPDATE

if you 3ds is still in 9.0.0-20E,you can install CFW in it (see 3DS Tutorials )

3. anagameu

anagameu Member

Thankyou naonemeu for the quick reply! since i am very new to the 3ds homebrew scene i just need alot of extra help, the CFW process seems to look vey long and difficult to follow (thanks for helping), What tutorial do i exactly have to follow, since i will not have to downgrade i presume?? (as my current firmware is 9.0.0-20E) I found two tutorial from the link you gave me, Is this the link: MattKimura's Downgrade + CFW setup tutorial
    or is it this one http://3dschaos.com/threads/tutorial-install-a-cfw-on-your-9-0-9-2-n3ds.399/

Also is the CFW for sky3ds+ ? (I only have a sky3ds+) i dont have a gatewaycard (but i could buy one in the furure) The thread seems to talk about gateway?

Thanks again for your help.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  4. Cha0s Em3rald

Cha0s Em3rald Chaos Immortal Staff Member Administrator

CFW isn't for sky3ds+, you use it instead of it & install cia's on your internal sd card rather than load roms onto the sd card.
    Having a sky3ds+ card is better for users who can't install a cfw or downgrade as their console is on too high a firmwarebut as you are on a low enough firmware then installing a cfw may be the better way to go.
    With all the latest cfw's you can update to the latest firmware version on an emunand that you add on your console so you can play all the latest games.
    If you decide to install a cfw then MattKimura's guide is the best one to follow on here.

If you want to stick with your Sky3DS+ card then yoy are free to update your console as it fully supports the latest firmware.

5. anagameu

anagameu Member

Thanks chaos emerald, your answer was helpful:), If i do Install a CFW (the latest one is Arm9loaderhax i presume?) on my new3ds i should be able to play all region games like USA and JPN and eshop games as well?? as the sky3ds+ cant. Also will the sky3ds+ still work on my new3ds if i install a CFW on my new3ds??

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  6. sponge9012

sponge9012 Member

yes, in my opinion you should install armloaderhax since you are able to. pretty sure you should be able to continue to use your sky3ds, but you can also update to the newest firmware and play all the new games of any region by just installing a .cia file
    --- Post merged ---
    and mattkimuras guide is the one to follow, since you dont need to downgrade just skip that part