1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Problem Signing up?

Please use the contact us link at the bottom of the site listing the problem with your email & ip addresses & the problem will be looked into by our admin team
  3. Temporary emails are not supported for signing up accounts on 3DS Chaos, this includes 10 minute emails. All will be detected by our system & the accounts will be deleted
  4. Shared accounts, multiple accounts & inappropriate usernames not allowed on our site

Please use a legit email account from a reliable email provider, temporary email accounts are not allowed & will be rejected by our system

Several Questions

Satix Apr 9, 2016

1. Satix

Satix Member

Hi! I'm fairly new to all this and have some questions, as getting into this can be overwhelming. I've already downgraded my N3DS down to 9.2 with no problems and have menuhax installed. With that being said...

1. Do I need a flashcart to play 3DS games, or can CFW do this? If so, which is the recommended CFW?

2. If CFW can run 3DS games in any way, which would be the best CFW for a beginner?

3. How necessary is using arm9loader? I've seen a lot of praise for it, but as I'm very inexperienced, I'd rather not risk messing something up. A9L looks intimidating.

That's all the questions I have for now - I know it's a lot.

Thanks so much for your time!

2. NeoGamer

NeoGamer Chaos Legend Staff Member Moderator

Check this out for cfw tutorial skip the downgrade part http://3dschaos.com/3ds-tutorials/1795-mattkimuras-downgrade-cfw-setup-tutorial.html
    You do not need any flashcart

3. Satix

Satix Member

Thanks so much!

4. MattKimura

MattKimura Chaos Contributor Staff Member VIP

1. Nope you no longer need a flashcard to play 3DS games. You can setup emunand, then run CFW on that emunand to install cia games and play them. You can follow the CFW Setup part of my guide Craig linked. Just change the theme, having menuhax installed before setting up emunand is a nono.

2. AuReiNand is the best overall CFW to use right now. My guide says rxTools, but you can easily switch it to AuReiNand.

3. Arm9loaderhax is not that hard to setup, it just takes a LONG time. It's very straightforward and tells you exactly what to do, you never have to really think for yourself while doing it. Just concentrate on it and you'll do it. There's been nothing but success with it. But keep in mind it's optional, you can stick with menuhax + CFW and still be able to play games and such just the same.