1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Problem Signing up?

Please use the contact us link at the bottom of the site listing the problem with your email & ip addresses & the problem will be looked into by our admin team
  3. Temporary emails are not supported for signing up accounts on 3DS Chaos, this includes 10 minute emails. All will be detected by our system & the accounts will be deleted
  4. Shared accounts, multiple accounts & inappropriate usernames not allowed on our site

Please use a legit email account from a reliable email provider, temporary email accounts are not allowed & will be rejected by our system
Dismiss Notice
DMCA Notice

No files are stored on our servers, all links are on external sites. If you have an issue with one of the posts/threads on our site or to make a DMCA report please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the site

[Tutorial] Downgrade 3DS with sysUpdater

Cha0s Em3rald Jan 4, 2016

1. Cha0s Em3rald

Cha0s Em3rald Chaos Immortal Staff Member Administrator

[Tutorial] Downgrade 3DS with sysUpdater

This tutorial was originally posted on GBA Temp here
    [Tutorial] Downgrade 3DS with sysUpdater | GBAtemp.net -> The Independent Video Game Community: 3DS, Gateway 3DS, NDS and R4, Wii, PSP, PS4, Xbox One and all the gaming universe

Thanks for allowing me to repost this guide & credit for originally writing it go to artur3004 of GBA Temp

I'm doing this tutorial quickly only because we don't want to answer all "How to downgrade" question-threads seperately.

All credits belongs to TuxSH, Jason Dellaluce, Steveice10 (and some other, don't know who else right know)

KEEP IN MIND: BRICKS CAN HAPPEN AND HAPPENED TO SOME USERS!!! NO WARRANTY FOR A SUCCESSFUL DOWNGRADE!

PLEASE NOTE: JP N3DS Users, you'll need to remove the 000400102002CA00 title in order to not get bricked! Not sure if other regions need to do this as well.

1. You need a 3DS with any hax installed, if you have non, use Browserhax by yellows8
    (http://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax_auto.php). And of course, at least boot.3dsx in SD card root.

2. Download sysupdater (https://github.com/TuxSH/sysUpdater/releases) and, unzip it and copy it to sd card:/3ds/ (if it does not exist, just create it...)

3. You will need a complete firmware package of your desired Firmware. I recommend 9.2.0-20E/U/J.
    Where do you get this package you ask? Well, Nintendo deleted all titles from their server older than 9.9.0-X, so you can find them here - http://3dschaos.com/cia-format-upda...ups-browser-backups-update-packs-regions.html
    4. Copy all firmware title .cia on SD Card:/update/

5. Remove smea's DNS, in case of unsuccessfull downgrade, you need to start 3DS in Recovery mode to update and repair your system.

6. Start 3DS and go into Homebrewlauncher.

7. Start sysupdater

8. Wait for application to be ready. (ca. 1min)

9. Press Y to downgrade

10. Wait and pray until "Succeed. Reboot in 10 sec"

11. Done - Downgrade is (hopefully) complete!

Q: Help! I have a blackscreen after the reboot!!!
    A: Unplug SD Card, reboot. I think some SD data can't aren't compatible with downgraded titles, so delete your current "Nintendo 3DS" folder on SD card, if needed.

Q: sysupdater crashes/won't start/freeze.
    A: (Hold L+R+DpadDown+B to return to Homebrew Launcher, then) start/reboot again. Some users needed over 30 attempts. Try another hax; I used menuhax to start ctr boot manager.

Q: What firmwares can be downgraded?
    A: All firmwares up to newesest (10.3) can be downgraded. New 3DS is not confirmed because of no testing by TuxSH, but many users already tried and successfully downgraded their N3DS.

Q: I have an 2DS, which Firmware do I need?
    A: Firmware for Old 3DS. MSET for 3DS can wants to move 3d slider after formating - you need to install only Firmware/MSET that was supported by 2DS, so NO 4.5! O3DS 9.2.0-20E should be fine, but not confirmed.

Q: It won't reboot after the finished downgrade.
    A: What I did: Waited 10 minutes, then I powered it off. Everything was fine.

Another one of GBA Temps users called has started a google doc with the users results of if the downgrade worked or not, this spreadsheet can be found here
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Or4dnrZGXBQeB-fC4q6mqd1Dk/edit#gid=1379123133

2. Demon1970

Demon1970 Member

Here more stable Sysupdater done by Steveice10

Fixes :

• Deletes each title before installing its replacement, rather than deleting every title to downgrade before installing anything. This ensures that there won't be a bunch of missing titles if a downgrade fails.

• When downgrading, installs NATIVE_FIRM after all other titles, rather than before, to ensure that there won't be an older NATIVE_FIRM incompatible with remaining newer titles after a failure.

You can download here : https://github.com/Steveice10/sysUpdater

https://www.dropbox.com/s/toxpj6gozq6kh82/sysUpdater.zip?dl=1

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  3. Cha0s Em3rald

Cha0s Em3rald Chaos Immortal Staff Member Administrator

Thanks Demon1970

4. FONZD

FONZD Chaos Contributor Staff Member VIP

Link given by Demon1970 is dead... someone can give me a new one ?

PLZ

edit:
    nevermind... found it

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  5. JediAviator

JediAviator Active Member

N3dsXl downgrading from 10.2 to 9.2

Got the black screen after downgrading, tried deleting the "nintendo 3ds" folder, no change. Tried to reformat my Micro SD card, still no change. Should I keep reformatting my Micro sd card and try to boot it this way? Read on gbatemp that it takes multiple tries...

6. PandaAlex

PandaAlex New Member

iHax Comunity/