1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Problem Signing up?

Please use the contact us link at the bottom of the site listing the problem with your email & ip addresses & the problem will be looked into by our admin team
  3. Temporary emails are not supported for signing up accounts on 3DS Chaos, this includes 10 minute emails. All will be detected by our system & the accounts will be deleted
  4. Shared accounts, multiple accounts & inappropriate usernames not allowed on our site

Please use a legit email account from a reliable email provider, temporary email accounts are not allowed & will be rejected by our system

[Tutorial] Upgrading to a bigger SD card with emuNAND9

MattKimura Apr 18, 2016

1. MattKimura

MattKimura Chaos Contributor Staff Member VIP

Upgrading to a bigger SD card with emuNAND9

IF YOU'RE AN A9LH USER, YOU DO NOT NEED THIS TUTORIAL!

Before you get started, download the latest Emunand9: Releases · d0k3/EmuNAND9 · GitHub
    (Take the 3ds folder from the zip, put it on your SD card)

1) On the old SD, boot up Homebrew Launcher and open Emunand9 (From sysnand not emuNAND)

2) Go to "Emunand Manager Options", then choose "Backup emunand to file". Choose a file name by pressing up or down on the Dpad, choose "emuNAND.bin" for the file name.

3) Once that's done, press B until you get to the main menu, go to "SD Format Options", then choose "Format SD (Emunand minisize)"

4) It will give you the option to switch SD cards before doing the reformat. Put in the new SD card that you plan to use with the 3DS.

5) Once that's done (Should take a second), press B to go back then press select to unmount the SD card. go to your pc and copy everything from the old card to the new card, including emuNAND.bin. Be sure to place the emuNAND.bin file in the "Emunand9" folder on the root of your SD. This is where Emunand9 searches for emuNAND backups.

6) Put the new card back into your 3DS, go to "Emunand Manager Options" then choose "Restore RedNAND from file". Choose "EmuNAND.bin" and it will restore emuNAND.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    DarkFlare and Laura like this.
  2. Laura

Laura New Member

Thanks a lot!

3. MattKimura

MattKimura Chaos Contributor Staff Member VIP

Wow I wrote this quite a while back. Glad it's still useful! This is quite a complicated process, once I found out how it's done I had to write a tutorial on it. Thanks for letting me know it worked without any hiccups.

4. JediAviator

JediAviator Active Member

Hey there, if I am using RX tools for my Emunand, should I restore Emunand from file instead of restore RedNand like your tutorial says? I tried to boot RX tools after the injection was sucessful, and now its saying Emunand not found. What should I do?

Edit: got it to work with the clone SD card method

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016