1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Problem Signing up?

Please use the contact us link at the bottom of the site listing the problem with your email & ip addresses & the problem will be looked into by our admin team
  3. Temporary emails are not supported for signing up accounts on 3DS Chaos, this includes 10 minute emails. All will be detected by our system & the accounts will be deleted
  4. Shared accounts, multiple accounts & inappropriate usernames not allowed on our site

Please use a legit email account from a reliable email provider, temporary email accounts are not allowed & will be rejected by our system

[WIP] 3DS Chaos FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

Cha0s Em3rald Oct 3, 2015

1. Cha0s Em3rald

Cha0s Em3rald Chaos Immortal Staff Member Administrator

3DS Chaos FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

Here are a selection of frequently asked questions & their answers that may help you out

What does O3DS & N3DS mean?
    O3DS = original 3DS/3DS XL
    N3DS = New 3DS/N3DS XL

Can I play .3ds ROMs on my O3DS/N3DS/2DS?
    Yes - Depending on what firmware your console is on
    O3DS on 4.x-9.2 can use a Gateway card or one of it's clones
    O3DS above 9.2 can use a Sky3DS or one of its clones
    N3DS on 9.0-9.2 can use a Gateway card or one of it's clones that support N3DS - Do Not update your emuNAND version over 9.4 or you will loose Gateway support
    N3DS above 9.2 can use a Sky3DS or one of its clones that support N3DS
    2DS 9.2 & Below can use a Gateway card - some versions of the 2DS console do have issues using a Gateway card, loading ROMs etc, users with these consoles fix the problem by installing games in .cia format, other versions of the console work fine
    2DS Above 9.2 can use a Sky3DS card or one of its clones that support 2DS consoles

What does sysNAND mean?
    The sysNAND of your console is the system nand or original console firmware

What does emuNAND mean?
    emuNAND is an emulated version of you sysNAND that Gateway cards & CFW's use an exploit on that trick the console into thinking it is on a higher firmware than it is, emuNAND can be used to play games on the newest firmwares, use game updates & DLC's that require higher firmwares & access the eshop.

Do I need to connect to the internet on my console to update my emuNAND?
    No - Updates can be installed in .cia format using DevMenu or BigBlueMenu, see this thread for more info

Will Gateway ever support emuNAND over 9.4 for N3DS?
    Hopefully - It is something the Gateway team are working on & have been for a while now but hopefully they will support higher emuNAND versions in the future

Can I play .3DS ROMs online with a Gateway card and not get banned?
    Yes - The safest way to play online is by injecting a private header of a game into your 3DS ROMs using Gateway ROM Patcher.
    Using one of the public headers that have been around on the net for a long time now isn't at all safe, these public are still being used by people online & they haven't been banned but there is always a risk as where the same header is being used it looks like the same copy of the game is being played on multiple consoles at the same time.